Sunday, September 06, 2009

Lots of Family Time this Weekend


I made a trip with the kids and my parents on Friday to visit my grandmother and aunt/uncle, cousins a few hours away, near Pickwick. My grandmother built a house this past year on my aunt and uncle's property and we've yet to see it....or her, so we made the short trek.

Granny has a great front porch, that will eventually be screened-in. The weather was delightful, so we grabbed some Sonic for lunch and ate on the front porch.

The kids had a blast with all the outdoor activities that the land provided. My aunt and uncle have some animals- goats, donkeys with a just hours old baby, and some cows. We got to ride this golf cart thing, called a mule, around and see everything. Chase even got to feed the goats while Julianna was napping.




My cousin, Melissa's, 2 boys who live in the same town as the rest of the family.

We hadn't seen this family in so long that there were Christmas presents from last year waiting on my kids when they got there! That was a nice surprise for them.

I don't have any current pictures of my kids with Granny, so I had to snap some of those. I don't even know the last time Chase has seen Granny, but it was well over a year ago. When we pulled up, she was on the front porch and he said, "There's Granny! I remember her!" That was so sweet!

Getting Julianna to look at the camera for a picture is almost impossible, much less also getting a smile! Granny saw Julianna just for a minute last August at my other grandmother's funeral. She was only 5 months old then. Needless to say, she's changed a lot since then.


(wow! She's looking at the camera, but no smile.)

On Saturday we all dressed up in orange and hit some yard sales first thing in the morning. All we found was a $1 Coleman water thermos, which we needed and I was going to send a lot more on a new one, so that's good.

Julianna took her morning nap at home and then we headed out to my parents' house, aka the farm, to see some more family, who was in town for the weekend and to finish watching the UT v. W. Kentucky game (which was awesome).

Somehow I didn't take any pictures of all the family, other than these. I desperately wanted a descent picture of my family all in orange, but that is quite a feat with 2 wiggly kids! My shirt says "Future Volunteer" (thanks Cecilia for letting me borrow it!), but you can't see that for Julianna's squirminess.

We had lots of fun, snacked ALL day long on hot wings, chips/ veggies and dip, brownies - you name it. The kids all played hard all day together, mostly with Nerf guns for the boys or baby dolls and strollers for the girls.

Today will be spent back out at my parents' house, watching more football- Memphis v. Ole Miss game as soon as the kids get up from their naps and eating our traditional Sunday night dinner, yum!

I might have to work tomorrow, but if not, I think that we are dressing up in our orange again and heading to Chick-fil-a for a free chicken sandwich for anyone wearing a collegiate team logo.

Other than that we are just counting down the days to our beach vaca, 2 weeks to go, yea!!

6 comments:

The Brineys said...

i love the new layout of the blog! I need to figure out how to change mine. I'm so bad at technology stuff!
Yeah for another boy! Congrats! :)

kristen said...

Thanks! It's not hard. Just go to the link in the upper left hand corner of my blog and pick out a layout that you like. It's really easy! I'm glad you're doing your blog again!

Cecilia said...

I'm glad you got to wear that shirt! I pretty much grew out of it before I grew into it! Where in the world did you get that adorable dress for Julianna? I need 2!

kristen said...

Yeah Cecilia, I was wondering how you wore that shirt since you had them in Dec and you were having TWINS!

Okay, are you off work this weekend? If so, you need to go to the Germantown Festival. They have booths with precious little girl stuff!! My mom bought her this UT dress, a monogrammed dress like it, but light green gingham with pink monogramming and pink ribbons on the shoulders and her first birthday dress with a cupcake monogrammed on it with 1 candle and her name also monogrammed on it. You MUST go....and take the grandmothers with you. :)

Andrea said...

I have another friend who was at Pickwick this weekend - love the photos! So sweet with your grandmother.

Cecilia said...

Well darn, I am off this weekend but Josh and I are going to Knoxville for the UCLA game. I might just have to let Grandma know about it though ;) You look great and I'm so excited about the new little boy!