Julianna called me "Momma" for the first time today! I was so happy, even though she was crying when she said it. I was leaving to take Chase to preschool and Phil was taking her upstairs for her morning nap. She is really attached to me and was not happy that I was not the one taking her up for nap. She reached over Phil's shoulder and stretched out her little arms toward me and cried, "Mommmaaa". I couldn't resist that, so I had to hold her for a minute. I gave her back to Phil and she did the same thing again! I can't believe that she is 19 months old and has never called me "Momma" until today!
She is also getting really good at her signs and we think we are hearing some words mixed in there too. We really think that she is saying 'airplane' - "airpain" and I think she said 'air vent'-"air ben" the other night, which I know is a strange word for her to even know at this point, but she (and Chase did this too) always points to the air vent on her ceiling at night while we are rocking and wants me to tell her what it is.
She now does the sign for help really well and without prompting. She does the sign for eat, thank you, more, please, milk and want (sometimes) pretty consistently. We are working on in, out, potty and some others. I found my baby sign books, so that's a start for me in learning some more.
5 comments:
Okay, I'm crying now... How sweet! We'll work saying on 'Mimi' tonight.
awww, she looks so cute in that pic!
I am crying too Mimi! Yeah - Julianna!
Congrats on Julianna making definite progress with her signs and words, especially with the best word of all!
Wow what a great speech therapist she must have!
Post a Comment