Saturday, October 31, 2009

Texas Safari


Okay, being handicapped for over 3 days now is starting to wear on me! I tweaked my back on Wednesday night while putting Chase to bed. My parents had to come over and try to get me off of the floor in Chase's bedroom for 1 1/2 hrs. I finally could stand, barely, and get downstairs to my bed. Phil was on a trip and was due to land at midnight, so my parents left by 10:45 and I would wait on Phil. Well.....I called Phil at midnight and they sent him on another trip, so he would not be coming home! I lost it! I couldn't even get myself on or off the toilet, much less climb stairs and get JuJu out of her crib. What was I going to do??!! He ended up calling in sick just after midnight and was home by 1 am. Just in time to help me to the bathroom.

He took me to the chiropractor Thursday and Friday. Things are a bit better, but I still cannot bend over or pick up the kids. Household duties are at a minimum. Whatever is at arm's reach can be done (top rack of the dishwasher, first couple shelves of the fridge or pantry). Phil's been a great help! I'm at the frustration phase and just want to be back to normal!! I'm kind of doubtful though, since my treatment is very limited due to being pg. It might be a long next 3 months!

So...I've got some time on my hands so I figured I'd catch up on the blog! Rewind about 2 1/2 weeks and we're in Texas.

We got to visit this great Safari, where the animals come right up to you while you drive around in a jeep. There were 50 different species of animals, with over 200 animals in all. Most were just roaming free. Some were confined to certain areas, as to not mix with the others. There was also a small petting zoo and pony rides (which are only in the summer months we found out).



In the petting zoo. Chase is our careful, cautious child. Julianna is our adventerous one for sure. And she really loves giraffes, as you can see.

So when the goats starting coming up to the kids, Chase grabbed Phil's shirt and said, "Come on Daddy, let's get out of here!" and pulled him toward the gate! Meanwhile, Julianna just dove right in and muddled through all those goats, until.....

.....this one got her! I just happened to catch it on camera too! It actually tore the trim around her sleeve. One nibbled on Chase's pants leg after this and he was gone!

The we hopped on the jeep to see all the safari animals with MomMom. PopPop was at work this day.


We had the best weather for this adventure! It had been 95 and humid as can be the 2 days before this. On this day, it was totally sunny and about 73, with a slight breeze. Great weather!

I thought for sure that Chase would be scared of these animals coming right up to us, but he did pretty well. Phil thinks that Chase seeing his sister feed the animals and like it made him be a tough guy.




JuJu loves animals! I keep saying she's gonna be a vet or something b/c of her love for them. She never hesitated to pet them when they came up to us.

JuJu started getting hungry and sleepy about half way through the tour.


I was never scared of any animals until these camels came up to us. First of all, they were huge! Secondly, they were persistent and would literally get half of thier bodies in the jeep with us to get food! We couldn't get away from them!


See what I mean?! Poor MomMom was under attack!

After we finally got away from the camels, we came to the area with the zebras. They were beautiful, and just roaming free.

This was a baby. You can see how he still has lots of fur compared to the adult zebras.

Then I caught a shot of this alligator. His head is covered in the green algae. He was huge!

JuJu repeatedly did her sign for 'eat' when we got out of the jeep, so we didn't get to see anymore animals. We packed it up and hit Logan's Roadhouse for lunch. Chase discovered peanuts in a shell there (they have them in buckets on the tables and you throw the shells on the floor) and he was totally occupied and quiet for the whole meal! He even stuffed his pockets full of them on our way out the door.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I glad yall had fun in Texas. I hate that you are in pain. It reminds me of when I broke my tailbone during pregnancy. So frustrating!!!