The fall that is. Where has it gone?! Last thing I knew it was August and we were getting ready for the beach. Then Preschool started, Bible Study started, vacation happened (and swine flu happened), then Texas happened, then Halloween happened and now I find myself making out a Thanksgiving menu and shopping for Christmas presents! Hold on. Where has the time gone?!
As you can tell by my lack of updates, I haven't been spending much time on here. I don't have a good reason for not updating, other than life has been happening. I look at my calendar each day and realize that I will no longer be able to work, even the less than part time that I am working. Luckily they haven't needed me for 2 weeks now, which is wonderful! Is this how everyone else's life is, totally scheduled?? I don't feel like my kids are old enough for that kind of life yet!
What sparked my realization of this new, scheduled life that I am leading was a phone call two days ago, saying that Julianna was accepted into a Preschool for kids with special needs, or just language delays, like Julianna. It's called Special Kids and it's in Memphis. Wonderful! This is what we've been waiting for, to get her some interaction with children her own age (she is never around other kids her own age to pick up language, etc.), while also having all kinds of therapists doing their thing with her as well. It's a free program, paid for by the state, until she turns 3. She will also still be going to individual speech therapy twice a week with Kate. Her teacher who comes out to our house once a week will be discontinued though, since she will now be getting that instruction at preschool.
So my already very scheduled schedule, is gaining something else for me to schedule. It really does work out well, the days of the week and the times, etc., it's just learning how to fit it all in! She will now be in preschool MWF 9-12. It's a 20 min drive, so that's 1 hr 20 min each of those days in the car. Luckily we just checked out some books on CD for the car for the kids, which are a hit!
Chase does preschool T Th 9:30-2:30 while Julianna also does individual speech therapy on these same days, 1-1:30. Her therapy is also a 20 min drive there and then back. Luckily Chase's preschool is just around the corner, so we swing by and pick him up on our way home from therapy on T Th.
And then we all do Bible Study, CBS, on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:30. So it will still work out great on Wednesdays to take Julianna to therapy before we head back to Collierville for Bible Study and then run back to Memphis when Bible Study is over to pick her up, but boy am I going to be tired!
Not to mention that I'm still going to the chiropractor for my back once a week and now I'm going to the OB every other week. Do you see how's there's no time in that schedule for me to go to work? I don't want it to be this busy, but hopefully it'll be just enough stuff to keep us scheduled....and not burnt out.
So that's what we're doing. In the meantime, we'll be accepting donations for gas money, lol. :)
4 comments:
You are going to need to schedule in some baby time in the next few months. I just got worn out reading that schedule. If anybody can do it, you can!
I forgot to say how excited that I am that Ju-Ju was accepted to Special Kids! That is going to be so good for her!
Well I just blogged about our playdate and that we should do it again, but your schedule looks jam-packed! Make sure to eat and drink plenty of water to keep your energy up! I hope Special Kids goes well!
The kids' schedule crazies does happen fast, doesn't it. How I took forgranted (and miss) the lazy days of their toddlerhood. It only gets worse, from what everyone tells me, and sadly I think they're right! ;)
Post a Comment