
My birthday was Monday, so we celebrated over the weekend. While I was at work on Saturday, Phil and the kids made me cupcakes- yellow with chocolate icing- my favorite! This might have been Phil's first attempt at baking, and they turned out great!



I'm just glad there's not a picture of me devouring my cupcake, lol!

Sunday my whole family came over after church and my mom fixed a big lunch, which was wonderful! The kids were so excited to have lots of people at our house.

Chicken picata, pasta, green beans, rolls, salad and triple chocolate mess (crock pot cake) with ice cream for dessert! Oh my were we stuffed!

Presents revealed a gift certificate to Ann Taylor LOFT (on my list for years now)- thanks Mom and Dad! A Burt's Bees Collection for Korey and Kacey and a "Snuggie" type blanket from Phil and the kids. I hear that I have more presents coming from them, after pay day, lol.

We actually took some family pictures, which we never remember too. I guess b/c the tree was set up and it kinda felt like Christmas.





Chase trying out Bass Pro Shops' version of the snuggie. It is really warm, and much thicker, I think, than a snuggie.

And JuJu being all cute in her new Christmas dress, which she loves! Of course, looking at the camera is still something we are striving toward. :)
Phil and I had a busy weekend, with lots of parties and my birthday celebration thrown in the midst. We had his work party Friday night, I worked Saturday, Sunday was my family birthday lunch then our church group Christmas party. Monday was my actual birthday, with my OB appt and then my work party that night. Phew! It's been a whirlwind....and it's not even Christmas yet!!
Thanks for all my birthday wishes and gifts everyone. I do know that I am loved. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment