Friday, December 11, 2009

Decorating

We decorated our tree and house the day or so after Thanksgiving. Mimi came to help and bought these cute little ornaments and lights for their little trees in their bedrooms.

The final outcome. They LOVE these trees and now use them for night lights in the bedrooms. I got them from the $2.50 side of Target's $1 bin and I'm so glad that I did. They are perfect!

Then we moved on to the real tree. Every year I get the kids an ornament that has some kind of sentimental value on their lives for that year. Chase is easy. He likes so many things. He got a Tow Mater and Lightening McQueen ornament, but I had no idea what to get for Julianna....until I saw this duck at Kohl's! I knew that was the one! This girl loves ducks and was so excited to see that ornament!


Close to the finished project. I'll have to take some pictures of all the decorations, now that they are all out and the rest of the mess is picked up, lol.

Also with the Christmas decorations came some toys from years past. This little dog sits on a sled and when you push his ear he barks "Jingle Bells" and rocks back and forth. Julianna thought this was the best thing ever and danced and danced and danced to this dog until I thought she would fall out!

Chase, of course, joined in on the dancing as well. We all had a good time just watching them!

I even set both the tables, with table clothes, place mats, centerpieces, etc! We haven't had things like this on our tables since JuJu was a baby, or maybe even before that. She's past the stage of pulling on the table clothes though, so I feel safe about leaving them on. This was breakfast the morning after decorating the house.

No comments: