Friday, January 08, 2010

Full Term

Sorry there's no picture for this post. Use your imaginations and picture me, with a really large belly! :)

I'm officially 37 wks, so it could be any time now, but I don't have babies early, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I was 1 1/2 cm and 30% effaced yesterday at my appt. That's good progress from the nothing that she said I was last week.

Everything's looking good. He's even measuring small, at 36 wks. She said she guesses that he weighs 6 1/2 lbs now. But 2 wks from now is a different story. I will get an ultrasound next Thursday at my next appt- just to check his position and size. And that will be my last appt. I'll be induced the next Thursday.

The date for the induction is Jan. 21st at 4:30 am! Yikes- I'm so not a morning person. I guess that my mom will just spend the night here with us and stay with the kids that day and Phil and I will go to the hospital. I will get my 4 hrs of antibiotics in before they even start pitocin. I'm thinking that 9am at the earliest I'll get poticin. She said she'd break my water around lunch. JuJu came about an hr after my water was broken last time, so hopefully this one won't take long either and we'll have a baby by early afternoon!

That's about all for now. In the meantime, I'm looking for a coming home outfit and trying, slowly but surely, to clean the house. Today- I swept the kitchen floor and that did me in, lol.

I've also already made out our menu for the next 4 weeks and I'm cooking extra each night for the next 2 weeks and freezing half, or making double and freezing that. Hopefully that will cover us for the first 2 weeks that we are home with a newborn and then Phil's parents will be here at week 3. Phil will then go back to work and my church will bring some meals for the weeks he's out of town. That's going to be the challenge- him being totally not here. Not jus,t "I'll be home at dinner time." It'll be, "I'll be back in 4 days, etc." That's my biggest source of anxiety right now. That's why I'm saving the meals from church until then. I'll need all the help I can get, I have a feeling!

No comments: