Obviously you can tell from my lack of blog posts that I've either forgotten how to work my computer, or I'm hanging out by the pool all day eating bon bons, or I'm just totally and completely busy! The answer is the last one, trust me!
This third child has somehow turned my life upside down with busyness! It's not him, necessarily, just him and the other two littles ones who preceded him.
So my house has been a disaster ever since January 21, 2010 (Parker's birthday) and I cannot keep up to get it back in working order! I am learning to let go of a lot of things- like the little bit of TV that I used to watch, talking on the phone to friends during the day, and mostly keeping my house clean. I know that Phil thinks I've lost my mind with how things are looking around here, but hey, I'm trying. I told him last week that I have a new long term goal- to take daily showers and brush my teeth twice a day. Trust me- those two things don't happen a lot for me anymore.
Luckily I know that having a sparkling clean house is not all that matters in life and I keep telling myself that over and over again, as I brush the crumbs from my kitchen floor off my bare feet, lol. But this quote from a blogger who is infertile (but now pg) puts it all back into perspective for me-
"I pray that I can live stumbling over children under my feet, laundry so high I need two washers, a dirty kitchen with dishes everywhere, handprints on the walls, baby socks under couch cushions, sippy cups rotten under the crib, toys from one end of the house to the next...".
She desperately wants to be where I am! Wow!
To think that not having these messes could mean that I had no children is heartbreaking, so bring on the piles of dirty laundry and dirty dishes, hair bows stashed from one room to the next, baby dolls all tucked in under my covers, and my unbrushed teeth. Thank you Lord for these sweet babies and all the messes that come with them! This season will pass and one day my house will be quiet... and clean.... and I'll be lonely, so I'll cherish these days while I have them.
Now back to folding laundry.......
And now you know where I've been and where I'll be until someone gets me a maid. :)
5 comments:
Okay, I'm crying now... You are right, this season will pass -- and quickly -- so cherish every precious moment -- and mess!
Love,
Momma
I Love it!! So true :)
It is a season and it will get easier. I bet it's hard when it's summer and there's not a daily routine with school and activities and stuff too.
If it's in your budget and you think it might make things more enjoyable with the kids and manageable for you, maybe you could recruit some outside help just for the summer? Perhaps hire a housecleaner to just come in and do the bathrooms and kitchen 2 times a month. Dust can be ingored but a clean kitchen and bathroom is always good:) I had to have a bit of help like that earlier in the year when I was doing so much to keep up with the kids I was babysitting and not feeling well. I felt a little weird about it since I'm a SAHM (like, what is my problem???) but it was just a temporary thing that got me through those few weeks:)
So true Kristen. I wasn't a good housekeeper B.C. (before children) and having them certainly hasn't made it any better! But I do try to remind myself that it just isn't worth it to stress about dishes, laundry, and dirty floors. My kids won't remember those things; they will remember the fun we had together. Thanks for the reminder!
You are so right Kristen! I will be thankful for the fifth load of laundry I have just started for the day. :) To have a clean and quiet house would be much, much worse!
Post a Comment