She got new shoes for school, these cool pink Keds, to add to her shoe collection of about 20 pairs of shoes.
A new thing that Julianna can do, which goes along with big girl status, is buckle herself in her car seat. I really can't believe that she can do that, but she does. She is our VERY independent child and INSISTS on doing just about everything by herself.
Okay, so today was Julianna's first day of preschool. She attended Special Kids on WMFs from 9-12 for 10 mos last year due to her speech and language delay, but was discharged in July due to her progress with her language. So this is her first "real" preschool. She will go on the same days as Chase, T/Th from 9:30-2:30, but today was just a half day.
She was very excited to take her picture out in front of our house before we left for school, just like Chase did on Tuesday. She gave me one shot, and then she was struttin' her stuff back to the van.
When I picked her up, her teachers said that she had a good day and that she was such a good helper. That when it came time to pick up their toys, she was right there, cleaning up everything. Her teachers at church tell us that too, as well as did her old preschool teachers. Momma needs a good helper around here! They also said that she was very kind and very sweet.
It was so neat in the car after school to hear Chase and Julianna talking about what all she did at school and to hear how Chase knew the things she was speaking of. He asked her what car she rode in in the gym and she said a fire truck. He said that he didn't think they had a fire truck and asked where she was when she rode it. She replied that she was "in that gym". I just love how they have school in common now and that their school building is in common. It's like they now know about stuff together that Phil and I don't. (I never had this with my brother who was 7 yrs in school behind me.)
Now we're gonna spend tomorrow recovering from a week of "first days" (we also had first day of Bible Study on Wednesday). Julianna has a post-op ophthalmologist appt at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning and then we're gonna chill!
1 comment:
I just love all of the pictures. My favorites...her first day of school picture and the picture of her smiling ear to ear in the yogart place. She IS getting to be such a big girl.
I bet it is exciting that they can talk about school.
BTW-I love her shell dress and matching shoes (hint, hint).
Post a Comment