
Chase is having a great school year and is doing "real" school work this year. He's doing a great job with his pre-reading and writing skills. He is able to sound out most words and say what letter it starts with and then write that letter. I can already tell that he's starting to get bored with that, so we're gonna move on to ending sounds.

He's started playing learning games on the computer and is great at using the keyboard and mouse. We're thinking about a LeapPad for Christmas, or something of the sort. It looks like the new ones have downloadable apps on them, which looks better than keeping up with cartridges. If anyone has any ideas on that, please leave me a comment. I'm open to suggestions.
Another academic area he's venturing into outside of school is math. I noticed that he had been doing some simple math on his own, so I bought him a 1st grade math book and he is doing great with it! It has 2 +2 = ____ and he has to write in the number. Or it has pictures of 2 ducks and then a picture of 4 more ducks and he has to write number 6. I am amazed at how easy it seems to him.
In Pre-K, they do a lot of things that the 2's and 3's don't do- like have a Petting Zoo visit.

I am able to do more things at school this year, since I now only work one Saturday a month (and I didn't even do that this month.) It's been really nice to be able to be home full-time (thanks in part to FedEx for giving Phil back his hours over the summer that they took away 2 years ago).

He wasn't big on the animals coming up to him. You can see that he is barely holding this bottle and his legs are spread wide apart so that the goat doesn't touch his legs. :)

I was standing beside this little girl's Momma and when she found out that Chase was my son, she said that he is all the Graycie talks about. When I asked Chase about her, he said that she always talks to him during nap and that he tells her to be quiet.

They got to ride a train. Four girls and 2 boys- not bad odds there boys.

And then they got to ride a pony! He was really excited about this!



And this would have been a really good picture if I hadn't cut half his face off! Hopefully a new camera is coming our way before the end of the year. One that will take better and faster pictures!
Our weekly schedule this year is preschool on Tues/Thurs for Chase and Julianna and then Bible Study (half day) for me and all 3 kids. They learn so much here and it's pretty much a 1/2 day of preschool, but with mostly Bible lessons. I LOVE it!! We have Mondays and Fridays off, but there always seems to be something schedules on those days to keep us plenty busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment