Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Texas Safari

We went to Texas for Easter and we got to enjoy the Safari there on Good Friday. Boy was it packed!

JuJu is going through a stage where she's learned fear. I remember being so sad when Chase went through this stage because I felt like a part of his innocence was gone. And I feel the same about her now too. :( My poor baby! Well, she (randomly) decided right before this trip to be afraid of BULLS! And she still is. We have spent hours at home reassuring her that bulls can't get in our house, or come through her bedroom window, etc. (We think, from talking to her about it that she had a nightmare about at a bull at the end of our driveway while she was outside riding her bike.)
...and then we go to Texas and put her on a Safari with.......these Texas Longhorns! I don't know if they are bulls or not, but in her eyes they sure were! She was already afraid of all the animals on the Safari before we got to this guy so she spent the entire trip in PopPop's lap. Luckily he was seated in the middle of the jeep so there was less chance of the animals getting to her.
I don't think that PopPop minded holding this sweet baby girl one bit!

Luckily Chase wasn't scared so he just fed and fed and fed all the animals.
I felt so bad for this Momma ostrich. I think she was laying on her eggs and these vultures were trying to get to them and eat them. How does she ever go and get any food or water??
These ostriches, however, were ruthless and at one point we had to shield ourselves from them. They were pecking all around looking for food and one bit MomMom's arm! It was a good sized bite and starting bleeding immediately and she had a huge bruise!

Look at that pouty face! (Glasses look familiar Leslie?)


And look at this guy! This is why Phil calls him jolly- it's a mixture of his constant smile and that chubby face!

Stay tuned for more of Texas!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I didn't realize those glasses were so BIG!! Looks like a blast!