
Chase is getting really good at writing his name and we don't even really practice it. He just knows how to write it. If you can see the
green letters on this piece of paper you can see his work. He writes letter 'C' first, but he starts on the right side of the page and then kinda works around the page. So we have to work on that. So in order from left to right is 'S' 'E' 'C' (backwards) 'H' and 'A' above the 'H'. The only one that I helped him with was 'S'. He did everything else independently, without me even at the table!
He has signed his latest two cards for his friends' birthday parties all by himself. (I'm sure that they didn't think it was as legible as I do. :)

And JuJu has started coloring...appropriately! This seems so early to me, but I'm sure that it's not. At this age, Chase just ate crayons!! They both sat here quietly Wednesday night while I cooked dinner. I'm gonna have to try that more often.
4 comments:
Hmmm, that seems early to me too, Kristen. Maggie ate her colors at 1 up until about 6 months ago at20 months or so. Awesome!
You know, I guess all kids are different. Chase STILL puts lots of stuff in his mouth (3 yrs old), and I'm sure that it wasn't long ago that he stopped eating crayons. Strange how they can be sooo different!
Questions...How many letters of the alphabet can he recognize? Uppercase and lowercase? Can he recognize his own name in print?
Regarding JuJu, it is early.
Leslie, I'm not sure exactly how many, but we spelled 'Happy Mother's Day' yesterday and he knew all of those, he knows how to spell Chase, JuJu, Mom, Dad, Pops, Mimi and can recognize all of those in print. So, I would guess that he knows about 3/4 of the alphabet, if not more.
Most of the letters he knows are uppercase, but he knows quite a bit of lowercase ones too. Maybe 1/4 of the alphabet (the ones that look the same as the uppercase. :)
Post a Comment