Saturday, May 09, 2009

Saying Some Words....Finally

JuJu has started saying some words in the last couple of weeks. She is almost 15 months old now, so it's about time!!

She's been saying "DaDa" pretty consistently, and says it while reaching for him when he walks in a room.

She says, "Duck" and makes a "quack" type noise for them also.

She's been making a "doggie" noise for the longest time. It's like a high-pitched "arf arf". She uses that appropriately as well.

She also says "Bubba" for Chase, although he really wishes that she would say Chase instead.

She'll say "Momma" from time to time, but not consistently.

We've heard her say a few other words just once, like "hanger" and "good".

And tonight she said, "Goggie" for doggie while reading a book about dogs.

So, finally she's starting to talk! For me being a speech therapist, my kids sure are late talkers. Hummm.....what does that say about me??!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wait. I though Chase wasn't a late talker. Remember it is all in a range. Now, remind me of that again when I worry about Ella's babbling.

kristen said...

Well, you know, so children talk first and some walk first. I thought for sure that MY children would talk first, but no. I guess that's why I say they are late talkers.