Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cloth Diapers

(New Happy Heiny's diapers)


I bought some new cloth diapers right before we left for the beach and I just now got them washed and got to try them out. So far I like them a lot. They are the Happy Heiny's one-size diaper with snaps. So far, they seem to have more versatility for sizing than the others I have, Bum Genius one-size diapers (with velcro). I was using the BGs for Chase at night, since he still isn't night-time potty trained, and he out grew them quickly. They only have 3 possible size adjustments.

(BumGenius one-size velcro diapers)



The HH's have several size adjustments, including stride and waist, whereas the BGs only have stride. I'm hoping to have the system down and the diapers that I like most identified by the time the baby comes and use more cloth with the baby, since I'll for sure be home for a few months.



I really like the cloth diapers and they are not as bulky on Julianna as I thought they would be. I thought they would create the need for a bigger size pants, but they don't. I probably wouldn't use them if they did. Also, they are so cute, that in the summer time, they can just be a fasion statement on their own. :)

I had to purchase gender neutral colors since this baby's a boy. But if I were having another girl, I would have ordered every shade of pink that they make!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I have a few friends who cloth diaper and love it. I hope you are able to find what you like. If you need some recs, I can give you my friends email. She's on baby #2 with cloth diapering.

And way to go, Julianna on the potty!

Lauren said...

Yay for cloth! I have tried several types and brands...let me know if you have questions I might be able to answer.
And hallelujah for the potty!

Anonymous said...

I was going to let you know I really like the Happy Heiny's pocket trainers that I got for Halle and Hudson. I use them for Hudson when we are out and about because since he is my youngest potty trained child I still don't completely trust him even though he hasn't had an accident yet. :) And I hate being so wasteful with pull ups after going to cloth.

With Halle they fit great and we haven't had one leak. I like that I can stuff them and give them to her and have her go potty before bed and then put them on. I do use two full size inserts and a tri fold bamboo insert so it's bulky but again, hate wasting a regular diaper on her and often they leak anyways. I got them at kellyscloset.com but here is a link: http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=163

The reviews said to buy the snap ones instead of the pull up ones b/c they are easier to stuff when they are flat and I am glad I did. The hole to stuff them is a bit smaller. But not so small that Halle can't make sure her own training pants are pulled apart and put in the wet bag in the morning.

Also, was going to mention this - Chase sounds so much like Averi when she was his age. She stayed in bed so well, slept late and was still happy to wait around til I got her. I thought she was still wet at night but it turns out she was just peeing in her diaper when she woke up - as soon as I gave her permission to go potty and then go back to her bed we found out she was already dry through the night. Maybe that is the case with Chase!

Good info - cloth diapering isn't as hard as everyone thinks!

Anonymous said...

Julianna is changing so much right now! What a blessing - and an encouragment to you and Phil I'm sure.

Kristen I have to say it has been fun to watch your transfermation over the last four years too. Going from "what do you do all day?" to loving cloth diapers, making baby food, and being a mama to three. Wow! It has been great to go through all of this with you. Thank you for being supportive, helpful, friendly, patient, and encouraging toward me. :)
Lisa