As I'm putting up the dishes after I'm done, I hear this commotion and look to see her bringing me the little potty from the bathroom. She sat it down and then gestured to have her pants pulled down. I took off her pants and diaper and then went back to the dishes. So far she's never actually done anything on the potty, so I wasn't really worried that she'd make a mess or anything. A few minutes later I went to put her clothes back on her and noticed a wet spot on the carpet. Yep, she peed on the carpet, not far from the potty. So at least she knows what she's supposed to be doing on the potty. Now I just have to get her do it in the potty!
Thursday, October 01, 2009
Potty
As I'm putting up the dishes after I'm done, I hear this commotion and look to see her bringing me the little potty from the bathroom. She sat it down and then gestured to have her pants pulled down. I took off her pants and diaper and then went back to the dishes. So far she's never actually done anything on the potty, so I wasn't really worried that she'd make a mess or anything. A few minutes later I went to put her clothes back on her and noticed a wet spot on the carpet. Yep, she peed on the carpet, not far from the potty. So at least she knows what she's supposed to be doing on the potty. Now I just have to get her do it in the potty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
too cute! And she's all tan too :)
Ben always wants to sit on the toilet seat but only pulls the toilet paper off, lol!
He will tell us he needs a clean diaper and that he's poopooed but it's always AFTER he's done it :/
Potty training is so different with each child! I think the effect of having siblings to watch makes such a difference! Hudson trained himself practically in early Aug. to go pee, but his normal time for a dirty diaper is usually before I come and get him in the morning so we haven't had much opportunity to practice that one on the potty! A few times though, so I am trying to figure out a way to alternate his "time" so it can be midmorning and I think we will be good to go! :)
Is she wearing cloth during the day? I really do think that helped Hudson since he is a boy but still trained three months earlier than both girls did. His language still is so limited, the girls would speak a full sentence and Hudson says, "Mommy, show you!" :) Oh and of course with homeschooling I let him go on his own all the time and that means that my toilet has needed to be plunged a few time from 'overuse' of TP! :)
Won't that be a blessing if you can get her potty trained before Baby Boy arrives?! She is so beautiful.
Chase actually trained earlier than this, which totally surprised me! He started going on the potty at 15 mos old, but I still kept him diapers. He got really good at it by 18 mos, but by then I was big and pg (like now) and it was getting to be winter time, with lots of clothes, (like now), so I kinda let it go until Julianna was born. As soon as I had my mind back after she was born, lol, he trained totally, in about 4 days. It was right around the time he turned 2.
I don't think she'll be trained any time soon, b/c of her lack of language. I am trying to teach her the sign for potty, but it's a bit hard to do, dexterity-wise. She's pretty consistent about coming to get me after dinner so that she can go. She's still yet to actually do anything though.
She is going to kill you one day because of this picture. I love it!
Yeah..progress is progress
Post a Comment