He did a great job and made it through the whole first movie and part of the second one! It was (past) nap time then, so we left and I took a nap along with Chase (Julianna was taking hers at Mimi and Pops' house).
I hope to get to do more things like this with just Chase since he's older now and can tolerate it, especially before the baby comes.
5 comments:
he'll love this upcoming summer - they do $2 kids movies on Tuesdays there. He'll be at just the right age to really enjoy it!
I haven't been to the movies in soooo long! We only went once with the kids last summer (in 08) to the $2 movies, Ben was baby then but Sean and Sydney got to enjoy it.
When I took the kids to the library Mon. I saw they were having story time for Ben and Juju's age - looked like the kids were all having fun listening to the story and doing a song/dance activity at the end of it. We didn't go in...were on a mission to get a few books and run other errands. But want to try to do this sometime. I think it was about 10:30a.m.ish.
Humm...was the story time for their age? I thought that one was on Thursdays and I haven't been able to take her b/c she also has therapy on that day.I'll have to double check on that.
Yes, we did take Chase to the $2 movies this summer and he did pretty well, but never made it through a whole one. So yes, he will really LOVE them next summer.
had to go look it up - it's Babygarten that I saw going on (0-18 months) but they require preregistration
http://www.collierville.com/images/stories/library/kids/2009/babygarten2009.pdf
They have Bookworms though on Tues. and Wed. for 3-5 year olds. Chase can go to that (siblings go too - I used to drag Sydney along to these things, lol) - kids doing song/craft/stories.
The babygarten looked awesome and I bet cheaper than Kindermusik but still incorporated some of those Orff Music techniques...looks like Ben and Juju just missed the age cut off though :(
You wouldn't believe how quick these things fill up too - I always had to get their early (this was 6+ years ago), but they close the doors after a certain amount of children and people can't come in after that - I used to see people leave every week because they didn't make it in time. We also did the one on the square, which they are bringing back - so I've heard. But not sure where...maybe Square Beans?
This is the one I was talking about, http://www.collierville.com/images/stories/library/kids/2009/fallwinter09storytimeschedule.pdf
Wiggle Worms, but it's only on Thursday mornings, and if she doesn't get to nap then, then she doesn't get any type of nap until 3pm. I'm interested in the pajama story time too though. I've had it on my calendar, but have never made it.
Movies are fun. We're trying to hit the theaters for the Toy Story shows while they are showing but haven't yet. Mine like the movies but it's never been one of their favorites so we're not as rushed but I do hope we make it to the theater before it stops showing.
Post a Comment