I had to maintain a much more basic schedule with the kids, since I was doing it ALL on my own, and tending to Phil since he wasn't allowed to leave his room and oh yeah, I'm pregnant!
So our new schedule was that we ate breakfast and stayed at the condo until Julianna went down for her morning nap, about 9am. Phil was able to "watch" her while she napped and I went to the pool with Chase. We came home around 11 to make lunch and get Julianna up from nap. We headed back to the pool after lunch until about 1:30 or 2, and then had an afternoon nap. The kids both napped until about 5. We had dinner at 5:30 and then bath and bed.
Much deviation from this schedule made me really tired, so we pretty much stuck to this, other than going to the beach for a bit a couple of mornings. The beach was a lot more work, a bit further of a walk, greater clean-up and use of more energy for me!
The end of the pool where the kids are is a wading pool, then it gradually drops to 3 ft and then to 5 ft. This was the closest (outdoor) pool to our condo, just a short walk across the parking lot.
You can tell that this was the day I could take pictures, since someone was there to keep an eye on the kids.
Chase swimming to Phil without water wings. He would jump off that little platform and swim to Phil, often times having his face go underwater. We were totally shocked that he would do this!
Julianna just stood on the platform and played "watering can" the whole time Chase was swimming.
After showers and a bit of a rest on this day, Monday, our last day, we headed out to dinner for the first time on the 8th night that we were there.
The only family pic of the whole trip. I brought cute outfits and the tripod to get a family beach picture, but since Phil was sick, we never had time to do that. Oh well, there's always next year, right?
We bought our Christmas ornament while at LuLu's. Phil said we could have just bought a pig ornament to hang on the tree this year to remember our trip by. Ha, ha.
We stayed until early afternoon on the next day, Tuesday, so Phil could get some more time in on vacation. He took Chase to the pool that morning while I packed everything, but it was a bit chilly that day. They came back about 45 minutes later and Chase was freezing! He had been jumping in the pool to Phil and asked, "Daddy, why are my teeth moving?"
Another funny story about Chase from our trip: Our condo had some beach toys there and one thing they had was a boogie board. Phil showed it to Chase and said, "Look Chase a boogie board!" Chase said, "What is that? Do people wipe their boogies on it?" :) Glad we had the opportunity to clarify that one!
So, it wasn't a totally terrible vacation. It definitely could have been a lot worse!! If I too had gotten the Swine Flu while there, it would have been really bad! The kids and I had a good time, we were just sad that Phil didn't get to join us for most of it. But we ended up with a 9 day vacation, so that's not too bad at all!
3 comments:
I am glad that yall were able to have some fun. What a great helper Chase is! Good thing you did end up preparing dinner before your trip. Otherwise, you would have been really worn out.
I don't know why some of my comments don't show up? Awhile back I posted on another post and they weren't there? eehhhh...Yesterday I commented about how awesome the pool looks!!!! Love that pic of the kids on the boardwalk to the beach too! Having the beach all to yourself makes it reeeeallly nice :)
Andrea, I don't why some of your comments are showing up. Weird! Yes, it really was nice being there when it wasn't crowded. I like going that time of year for that reason for sure, that and the lower prices, lol.
Post a Comment