Wednesday, November 25, 2009

9 More Weeks....

Or a couple less if I'm lucky! I'm 31 weeks today and have not been taking any belly pictures lately. Phil snapped this one during our Christmas pictures, so there's not really much of the belly showing, sorry. Use your imagination....it's huge!

At my appointment last week, my OB said that gaining 6 lbs in 2 wks is a bit above average (and 9 lbs at the last appt in 4 wks), and at this point, I'm on track to gain more with this baby than I did with Chase, which was 50 lbs. I soooo do not want to gain more than 50 lbs, so I've made some changes!

First of all, no more desserts at night! Phil still partakes and I sit and watch him eat cookies or ice cream while I eat my yogurt. It's definitely not the same, but I use my imagination for one, and I also spice it up with nuts and fruit.

Secondly, I am trying really hard to walk most nights of the week. I really have to do it when Phil's here b/c I can't push the kids in the double stroller (over 100 lbs) and walk for exercise. It's just too much for those loose groin muscles, or whatever is loose in that area that causes me not to be able to strain. So far (in a bit over 1 wks time) I don't think that I've gained any weight! It's not that I'm trying to diet or not gain weight, I just don't want to be huge and miserable by the end, or as much as can be avoided, lol.

The baby is good and is head down. He has the hiccups all the time and kicks me a lot on my right side. He's always getting his feet stuck in my right rib cage, preventing me from bending over at times. Chase has gotten to feel him kick and have the hiccups. Both of which seem to freak him out a bit.

We still don't have a name, but have several in the running. I think I'll have to do a poll again on the blog to get everyone's opinions.

Other than the fact that I'm steadily outgrowing all my clothes with not many to grow into, there's not much else to report. I go back to the dr. next Tuesday. I'm going every 2 weeks now with nothing exciting happening until she starts to check me, at 36 or 37 weeks.

Oh, and I passed my glucose test with flying colors. My blood sugar was 89. And she said that my hematacrit was really good for this stage of pregnancy, at 38.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Look at that belly!!! Can't wait to see it in person.

Cecilia said...

Awww! I think you look awesome! All of your weight is in your belly so I say eat on! I'm so thankful that you're having such a great pregnancy and I hope it continues on for 9 more weeks

Brenda said...

You look great! and if the round ligament pain or pelvic pain gets to be too much, I highly recommend a few chiropractic visits and even more so about 6 weeks postpartum when everything is still kind of loose! Chiro's are very natural medicine friendly/alternative medicine and did a world of good for me in the past few months!

kristen said...

Thanks Brenda! I'm actually already seeing a chiro weekly, since my back injury about a month ago. Hopefully I can continue to see her for the rest of the pregnancy. I didn't even think about afterward though!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! I think that the scales that they weighed me on at my OB in Nashville are different than my OB's here because when I had my appt. after we moved the weight gain seemed HIGHLY unlikely! :) Granted, I did consume a few "good bye" Chick-Fil-A milkshakes! :) And it does make the holiday eating a little less enjoyable when you know you are going to have frequent weigh ins! I agree, cut out as much sugar as you can, baby certainly doesn't need it and exercise when you can. For me that is sometimes only five minutes at a time (with three other kids that is sometimes as much as I can get in one sitting) on our elliptical. But hey, every little bit counts...at least that is what I try to tell myself!

kristen said...

That is great that you have an elliptical! I wish I had that at home! And yes, I told Phil that I think my dr's scale is about 5 lbs heavier than mine at home....except for today, it was right on. :) I lost 2 lbs!