Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Who Is This Kid??


Really! He's getting to be such a big boy that I have to stand back on almost a daily basis and look at him. It's not just his physical growth, it's everything!

A few days ago he told Phil that he wanted to be able to wipe himself and to be able to take showers. So we tackled showers first, lol. Since then, he's only taken showers and had done such a good job (although he's still not a fan of having his face or hair washed).

Weighing in at almost 40 lbs, he graduated to a booster seat after we got back from Houston and he loves it! He's also graduated to riding in the back of the van, which he also loves, thankfully! This is where he'll have to sit once the baby comes, so we're getting him used to it. We are also working on having him buckle himself in, so that I don't have to climb in the back of the van each time to do it, after the baby comes. It's not a big deal now for me to help him, b/c we have the middle row seat that would be in front of him and holding the baby, out, so for now, the van's pretty roomy and open....for now.

I actually had to go out and buy him some size 4T jeans and pants this weekend b/c he has outgrown his 3T ones and even got his first hole in the knee of one pair. Tonight I heard him crying in his room after Phil had put him to bed. I went in there and he was trying to get his pajama shirt off. He was crying and saying that it was too small and why did Daddy put it on him? So we had to change pajamas tonight after he was already in bed, just like we had to last night also. Seems like all I do these days is add clothes to "outgrown" bin! Looks like this kid is in the market for some new, BIG pajamas for Christmas. :)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh...showers really? Isn't he still just a little baby? Time is flying by too quickly!

Brenda said...

He looks GIGANTIC in the booster seat!