Friday, November 27, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Chase has been quite the baker this week! Besides making turkey cupcakes with Mimi, he also made gingerbread cookies with me. He does a great job of scooping, stirring, and breaking the eggs!

I didn't even realize that he has on (last year's) Christmas jammies in the picture!

Julianna was helping to decorate, by adding the raisins as buttons, but then she just started eating raisins by the handful. Looks like she also liked the cookies.

And here are our little men, decorated with cream cheese/honey icing and raisins and craisins for buttons.

Today we went to Home Depot for our Christmas tree. I feel like this year is really Julianna's first Christmas, since she was so sick last Christmas. She really liked these little Santas and tried really hard to pose for a picture with them, lol. They are just her size!

Putting up the tree. We also bought some more lights this year. Seems like each year there are more and more strands that don't work when we go to decorate the tree. Hopefully we're prepared this year!

Chase looks miserable here, but I promise he wasn't! It was naptime however. He's been using scissors a lot lately at home and wanted to help Daddy cut the plastic wrapper off the tree. He did a great job.

We are letting the branches all fall into place tonight (and Phil's asleep for a trip tonight), so we will wait to decorate it until tomorrow. Hopefully the boys will also get the outside lights up tomorrow. I'm excited to take the kids around and show them all the Christmas lights at night now. We were able to catch a few in our neighborhood on our way home tonight. I know that they are going to love seeing all the lights!

No comments: