Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Updates of the Day

I was really excited to go to my OB appointment today and get weighed b/c I've been trying really hard to be good about what I'm eating and to walk (2 mi) as many days a week as possible. Usually about 4 or 5 days a week. So..............drum roll please........I LOST 2 lbs! And did I mention that it was over Thanksgiving?!! At first I thought that she might be upset by that, but she wasn't. She said that if I've been walking a lot that I probably don't have a much fluid on me as I did 2 weeks ago. I'm definitely not trying to lose weight, just trying to be careful about what I'm eating (although Phil's already talked me into eating cookies tonight, lol) and making sure I'm drinking a TON of water and exercising.

I am already worried about this weekend though b/c I'll be out of town at a conference for work....sitting down for 9 hrs each day and having to eat out for every meal. I've already been contemplating how I'm going to get some exercise in. Maybe they'll have a workout room at the hotel! That would be ideal.

Also in the news from today- Chase's preschool called today and said that I needed to come and get him b/c he had stuff coming out of his eye. Sure enough, it looked like snot was running out of his eye and down his face when I picked him up. He's been having lots of allergy problems in the last 2 weeks, so apparently it has now worked it's way into a sinus infection. So he got oral and eye antibiotics today. I'm still so very thankful for my family's health this year though! That's the first antibiotic anyone's been on since their surgeries last Jan and March! Thank you Lord!!! Other than a gunky eye and nose, he's totally fine. No fever or anything else.

What other news is there.....oh, we're getting a new roof, courtesy of our insurance company! We found that out yesterday. We've been trying to get a new roof out of them for years now and it finally happened! We will have to pay our deductible though. But, we don't have to worry about our insurance company dropping us or raising our rates b/c we are getting it fixed after a national disaster (tornadoes that went through this summer) and insurance companies aren't allowed to drop you, etc. if your areas was declared a national disaster (you have up to 1 yr to make the claim). So yea for us! We'll be getting an $11,ooo roof for $1,5oo (our deductible plus the upgrade for an architectural roof). Another 'Thank You Lord'!

We probably won't be getting it until spring though due to the low temps now.

Well, I think that's all the news for today. Pray for Phil as he's Mr. Mom all weekend, starting at noon Friday. He does such a great job with them that I'm not worried, but I know how it is to be the only adult around for 3 days straight.

No comments: