Tuesday we took him to his first dr's appt, and he also did really well there. He was already back up to his birth weight of 7 lbs 11oz, so they were pleased with that. We discussed how he was using me for a pacifier at night, so we decided it was time to break out the pacifier. He took right to it and it really helps to soothe him at certain times of the day. He definitely doesn't need it all the time.
Chase got to get out the house on Wednesday and go to our regular Bible Study with my neighbor, Lisa. When he got home he told me that they prayed for my belly to get smaller. Nice! I'm sure his teachers got a kick out of that prayer request!
He also has really long and skinny feet, like Julianna did. And he has really long toes and toenail and fingernail beds. Phil is hoping that this is a sign that he will be tall and that he will be our star baseball player. (Apparently you need to be tall to make it far in baseball and we don't think that Chase will be tall.)
Julianna loves to take care of Parker. Here she has laid all the blankets that she could find on him. I think he's gonna be warm enough.
Here is with all the blankets and animals piled on him. Even when he's sleeping in the swing, Chase and JuJu just want to be as close to him as they can get. Yesterday, Chase brought a step stool over to the swing and just sat beside Parker as he was sleeping in the swing. What a sweet big brother!
What I love:
His little fingers wrapped around one of mine.
How perfect he is and how I can stare at him all day and see no imperfections.
How peaceful he is while sleeping in my arms.
His smooth, soft skin.
His sweet, baby sighs.
How cuddly he is and how his body just conforms to mine.
That precious smile he gives at the end of nursing, telling me "thanks mom".
3 comments:
How cute. I see a lot of Phil in the pictures of his face, especially the bath one.
Parker is so precious! I love your list of things you love. So sweet.
Congrats! Parker is adorable. I'm glad that things have been going well and that the kids are loving having their new baby brother around--at least all the human kids. It almost looks like Sadler is trying to open a door and escape in that photo with him, Parker, and Julianna. =)
Post a Comment