We are getting our first real snow of the season and it is beautiful, but of course it also sends everyone here in the South into a tizzy!
I'll get some pictures tomorrow. The snow didn't start until it was dark tonight and it's supposed to snow all night.
The stores are totally out of milk and bread and yes, I was one of those people there today picking up some essentials. I probably wouldn't have but Phil is #1 to get called out for a trip and with this weather, we know that he won't be around long before his phone rings. To prevent dragging 3 kids out in this mess, I skipped church this morning and got all my errands run.
So the snow is coming down...at least 2 inches now. We are in the 3-8 in. range on the map, so we'll see what it looks like when we wake up.
The kids were totally ecstatic before they went to bed and checked out the window every chance they could get. I made sure and set a bowl out on the deck when the snow started so we could collect some fresh snow to make snow cream tomorrow.
I also spent a good part of tonight cutting out paper snowflakes and decorated the kitchen with them. I made some folded paper triangles all ready for them in the morning to make their own snowflakes.
We grabbed my old sled from my parents' house today, so we are prepared! We don't have snow boots, so hopefully rain boots will do.
Stay tuned for snow pictures tomorrow!!

No comments:
Post a Comment