Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our 17 Month Old

Parker is now 17 months old and busy as ever- as you can see by this picture. It is becoming impossible for me to cook dinner these days because Parker is constantly climbing on something. Yes, this picture was taken while I was trying to cook dinner.

I remember these days well from when Chase was this age. It's so funny how my little girl was not like this, so I caught a break for a couple of years.

Parker is definitely wanting to be one of the big kids and do whatever his siblings are doing. Notice that he's ditched his high chair. We only let him sit in a regular chair every now and then. Other than that, he's now in a booster seat.

Check out those cheeks stuffed full! He is eating up a storm and growing like a weed! He had his 15 month check-up today. Yes, we are a bit behind. He's 33 inches tall and is in the 75th-80th percentile for height. Those tall genes must come from his Pops or his great-grandfather, PopPop. He weighs 24 lbs 8 oz, which is close to the 50th percentile.

What Parker likes- shoes! Look at those pink sparkly sandals!! He and Julianna wear the same size shoes, so he has a lot to choose from. He also likes playing outside, sliding, swinging, eating, being held by Mommy or Daddy, his NeeNee (MiMi), climbing up and down stairs or even just going up and down one step, and any kind of ball.

His vocabulary is crazy these days and he can say all kinds of things! He sings songs and he's now saying phrases like, "I love JuJu", "Thank you Dada", Night Night Bubba". Some of his new words are- sandwich, apple, NeeNee (MiMi), milk, more, outside, snack, book, pooped, JuJu, Bubba, up, out.

He also loves to give kisses now and as of yesterday actually closes his mouth when he kisses...which is much better than the open mouth ones.

He's cutting all kinds of teeth, including his two year old molars. Those have been coming in for months and causing him all kinds of pain. He's also cutting his incisors. I don't know that I will have ever seen a baby his age with so many teeth!

And it looks like Parker might be our only child that is a Daddy's child- Daddy's boy in this case. Lately he wants Phil to hold him, Phil to feed him, asks for Phil, etc. He still wants me too, but often times while I'm holding him he asks for Daddy. This is a strange feeling for me but I'm glad that Phil gets to enjoy it.

We sure do love you little Parkie! You have so many people watching over you and loving you. It must be nice to be the baby!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love the picture in your shoes. I seriously can't stop laughing. This picture need to be shown to others when he is older!