Sunday, June 05, 2011

The Rest of Texas and Easter



Okay, after this post I will be done with April and moving on to May! We happened to be in Texas for Easter, so we got to spend some good quality family time at church, hunting for eggs and having a great Easter Dinner.


The kids actually slept in the main house with MomMom and PopPop on this trip so they woke up on Easter morning without us. We got them just a few little things that morning, mostly candy. (And we flew home the next day and Sadler ate it all, lol.)



Four generations- PopPop #2 (65), PopPop #1 (90), Phil (40), Parker (15 mos)
Parker and Mommy swinging with MeMa and PopPop. We got to enjoy a great afternoon on the porch with them while all three kids were napping. Parker woke up first and got to join us. We had great weather while in Texas! It was actually a little chilly outside at times during the day!
I really wanted this picture of him....but smiling. It wasn't happening. Every time I made him lay down like that he cried.




The older two kids hunted eggs in the morning, while Parker took his morning nap (can you tell I'm working in reverse order here. No time to move all these pictures around.)

Eating some candy from inside the eggs.






This picture is hysterical! It was the best one we could get. Needless to say, it was nap time for Parker. We went to church SUPER early that day, so we were home in time for his morning nap, which is at 9:30. Yes, we had eaten breakfast, gone to church and were home by 9:30!



The reason we picked Easter weekend to make a trip to Texas was because Phil's baseball team, the Houston Cougars, were playing. This was our family's first time to see a game.
Chase is way into baseball so he loved it! Parker was a disaster and I don't think we'll bring him next time. Luckily MomMom and PopPop came along so MomMom strolled him around in his stroller for a while.
We had a great trip to Texas and we'll be returning soon, in July, for MeMa's 90th birthday! I don't think the weather will be quite so nice then.

No comments: