Thursday, May 14, 2009

Our Widdle Bitty Girl- 15 mos old



I finally took Julianna to her one year check-up this week, now that she is 15 mos old today! Little did I know that she also has a 15 mo check-up, so now we are off on our shots, which is fine by me, but now just a little bit confusing. Instead of shots and check-ups at 12, 15 and 18 mos, she'll now be getting them at 15, 18 and 21 mos. Oh well. Her pediatrician is totally understanding, so that is great!! He knows what all we've been through with her.

Everyone who sees her walking says that looks too little to be walking. Well, they are right about her being little. She weighs exactly 20.0 lbs, which puts her in the 10th percentile (50th percentile is average, so she's well below that!). I asked her doctor if that was anything to be worried about and he looked me up and down and said that he was pretty sure that it was just genetic. :) He did ask how she was eating, which she probably eats as much as I do, and how well was she drinking milk, which she also does well.



She's 30 in. tall, which is the 50th percentile. So no worries there. She has 7 teeth and eats lots of kinds of foods- muffins, all kinds of bread, cheese, chicken, soy crisps, black beans and rice, steak- you name it. And boy does she love steak...and baked beans! She only drinks (organic) whole milk or water.

Speech- Julianna really only has one true word, "Dada", although she has said many others. A child has to use a word consistently for the same object/person before you can truly count it as a word. Just today she said, "Okay" and "Tweet, tweet" after I did. Her pediatrician said that she should have 3-6 words by 15 mos. I'm not worried though b/c I can tell that her language is emerging. She does have great receptive language and follows directions well, which he was glad to hear.



I asked him about her legs/feet, as her legs seem a little bowed to me and her feet seem to turn in a little when she walks. He said that she may be a bit bow legged or have some in-toeing(which I guess is the same thing as being pigeon toed). I had to wear braces on my feet as a baby for this, but he says they don't do that anymore.

Everything else is looking great! She sleeps great and has been sleeping through the night ever since getting her tubes. She sleeps an average of 12 hrs a night (less than her brother who slept 14 hrs/night at this age), but still good none the less. :) She still takes 2 naps a day, and those are both decent size naps. The morning one is 2 hrs and the afternoon one is about 2-3 hrs these days.



She is a generally happy little girl, who seems to be a Momma's girl these days. Lately when I hold her, all she wants to do is this, lay her head on my shoulder. This was her position all of those long, late nights that I spent up with her when she was so sick this winter.

She likes to flirt and cut her eyes at us, which makes us all crack up!! She also likes to keep up with her big brother and do what he does. Her favorite toy of his is his laptop. She picks it up, carries it to where she wants it and opens it up. It is so cute and grown-up looking.

We love you little girl and you are no doubt the apple of your Daddy's eye! Your big brother also loves you so much and is so good to you. He is always watching out for you and always wants to be where you are. And I just can't get enough of you! I love that you are my cuddle baby, and that you love to sit in my lap, or be held. You even hum along when I sing to you. I may have the most fun getting to dress you up! We love you baby girl!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I didn't even think about it, but we could totally do that interview for Ju-Ju too. Just let me know if you want me to do it.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little girl. I'm glad she is staying healthy these days.

Cecilia said...

I love your new background! It's so cute. I can not believe how grown up Julianna looks! She is so beautiful.