Thursday, February 04, 2010

2 Weeks Old

Parker is 2 weeks old today! Every day I see more and more how he looks like Chase, which means he looks like Phil.

He's starting to have periods of time where he is awake during the day. And by that, I mean a total of like 5 minutes/day where his eyes are open.

Parker really looks like Chase's baby pictures when he wrinkles his forehead like this.

Chase continues to love Parker and wants to hold him all the time.


Parker has the same witching hour that my other kids had- 5:00 pm comes and he's not happy! Are other peoples' kids like that, or is just mine? So come 5:00, he's only happy in my new Peanut Shell ( my first eBay purchase). I put him in this and he is out in 2 seconds. It frees up my hands, which is nice. And it has a little pocket right there on the front, for my cell phone. Perfect!

He got to have his first bottle today, from Phil, and he took right to it! He still gags sometimes with the pacifier, but not with the bottle.

It was so sweet how he just stared at Phil the whole time he was taking the bottle!


Julianna even got to help give the bottle (Chase was at school).


Phil, I know you've always wondered what the top of your head looks like. :) I really wanted to capture Parker's eyes being open and how he was looking at us. His eye sight must be improving.

Parker is such a sweet baby and seems to be following a pretty typical schedule. He nurses every 3-4 hrs, day and night and is pretty much sleeping other than that. He actually went 5 1/2 hrs and 6 1/2 hrs night before last between feedings! That was awesome!! I pray for more of those kind of nights.

He has his 2 wk check-up tomorrow, so we'll see how much he's grown. I can already tell that his newborn size diapers are getting tighter on him. He's still wearing newborn and 0-3 mos size clothes. Chase was never able to wear newborn size anything, but with Julianna, even newborn size clothes swallowed her up. So funny how they all are different!

We love you little Parker man!!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

That is a very wise, grown up little face in your pictures! He looks so much like Chase!

I hope your nursing continues so smoothly and you get some nice long stretches of sleep:)

Brenda said...

And I meant to tell you- Maggie had the SAME witching hour. From about dinnertime til 8 or 9 o'clock all she wanted was to be held and nursed. It was crazy. Couldn't go anywhere after 4 or 5 o'clock!

Leslie said...

It is amazing how much he looks like Chase's baby pictures and yes, Phil. You should post a side-by-side comparison of the baby pictures.

Ella had the same witching hour. You have probably forgot, but I would call you during that time period because I was LOSING my mind.

Shawn Amore said...

Kristen, he is so cute. Cant wait to meet him in person.

Amrine Jrs. said...

We have what we call the "Happy Hour" around here. :) We're actually growing out of it but I've always labeled that hour the "Happy Hour" because that's my sarcastic approach to the mood of the house during that time.

I joked with Marte's grandma (the preacher's wife) about this happy hour once and I don't think she got the sarcasm so she probably though I hit the alcohol before dinner or something. :) Maybe I should explain to her what it meant someday...