Saturday, November 06, 2010

Up to Halloween

I feel like Halloween lasted forever this year! We dressed up every day from Thursday to Sunday. Whew! Those costumes aren't easy to get on and off either, but they sure are cute!

Thursday was the costume parade and party at preschool.

Phil got to go to this too and we were torn as to which kid to sit with in the gym. We settled on JuJu because she wouldn't understand if she saw us way across the gym from her. But I still felt guilty that we weren't sitting with Chase.




Friday afternoon it was time to trick-or-treat around the square. I had Parker in the wrap, decked out in his cow costume and the other two on foot. It was way crowded, so I knew that a stroller wouldn't work. I didn't even get a picture of little Parkie!



(Chase and JuJu bowling with pumpkins.)


They had all kinds of games to the kids and lots of candy and stores to trick-or-treat at. We maybe did about half of everything there and then headed home for dinner. It would have been fun to have gotten there earlier and done more, but I didn't know about the games this year.

Saturday before Halloween we made Halloween treats- chocolate covered pretzel rods.

They had a blast with this and loved decorating them! (Notice that JuJu is topless. I make her take her shirt off anytime we are doing anything remotely messy, like eating dinner. :)


(Love how the new camera blurs all the clutter on my counters in the background! This camera is making my house cleaner!!)

She was a master of those sprinkles! There none left by the time it was all over, however there were a million on the floor! I had to mop to get them all up.

And Sunday after church, Chase and Phil carved his pumpkin. Our church trip to the pumpkin patch was rained out, so we only his little pumpkin from school, but it worked.

There'll be another post to come about the actual Halloween day. Too.many.pictures.

No comments: